Vision, mission and values
To play a leadership role in helping women and their children, as well as communities, break the cycle of psychological, emotional, verbal, economic and physical violence.
The Shield is a charitable organization offering education, professional support, intervention and prevention services that are culturally and linguistically adapted to meet the needs of women, their children and ethnocultural communities.
- A warm welcoming environment
- Empower women by providing respect and support in their time of need
- Promote an interdisciplinary and multisectoral approach
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of all clients
- Provide equal access to services and issues of social justice
- Act with integrity and professionalism in our interventions
- A culturally sensitive approach that stresses violence is unacceptable and non-negotiable irrespective of ethnic, educational, religious, and socioeconomic background